Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th. And of course I would be travelling to Columbia today. Please pray for me and no traffic tickets.

Other than thaaat, I'm pretty excited because it's been forever three months since I've been back to see my friends who live/go to school in Cola. Since I'm going I guess I should explain a little about these friends of mine. They are ridiculous, but of course I love them regardless. When I was a sophomore at USC I went through rush and I'd say it was one of my best decisions I've made so far. DZ introduced me to some amazing people and experiences that will haunt me forever never be forgotten! Although we've all "grown up" and graduated now, three of my best friends, Cagle, Nicole, and Monica, still live in Columbia. I'll fill you in on each of them.

Monica is my shroomie. Plain and simple. While the four of us girls lived together Junior year, Mon and I roomed together in the DZ house Senior year since we were both on our sor. exec. board (Me as the Pres. and she was the Mamma Turtle New Member Educator). Somehow we survived senior year shenganigans, graduated, and moved on to big girl life. Currently she is an Event Coordinator at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. So if you wanna get married there or plan an Oh Baby! convention, she's (sort of) your girl! 

                                       {Me and Mon about to graduate!}

Moving on to Nicole. She was basically our mom in college. I'm pretty sure she taught Cagle how to do laundry once we moved in Junior year. Although she used to be wild and crazy as an impressionable Sophomore, she still is has toned it down a bit and has finally become the nurse that we all knew she would be! Instead of immediately heading to the ER, it seems she's the one we go to first about ails and how to fix them. Honestly, I would probably have lost a limb by now if it wasn't for her superb nursing advice.

                                       {About to go out for the night}

Last but certainly not least there is Ashley, aka Cagle. You will never see me call her Ashley....ever. A) no one ever calls her that...i mean except for her parentas and B) it would just be weird and wrong. Cagle is the wild card of the apt 332 family. She's the most ridic at every party, especially ones just for her (ask her about her bday and it's all over). But regardless of her fun and eccentric nature, she's the best. She loves big and hard and is one of the most loyal people I know. She's a techer in Lexington, SC and is damn good at it. So if you want smart kids, you miiiight want her to teach them, just sayin.

                {Cagle introducing me to my first Braves game}

That's the shortest version I could come up with since I could go for days writing about these girls! Anywho, I'm so excited to go back to Cola to see all of my friends and catch up since it's been so long. Nicole is moving into a new house so were about to christen that thing, celebrate Cagle's birthday, and see Christine all on good ole Friday the 13th. Good lord this should be interesting. I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes!

                                       {The Crew at the Nut}

No comments:

Post a Comment