Friday, August 20, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

I am beyooond excited right now for the simple fact that my best friend Kristin is on her way to my apartment right this moment!! I don't usually have friends that make the drive down here to visit (I usually make my way up to them), but when they do I get really excited! This visit was acutally supposed to happen two weekends ago. Unfortunately, Kristin's car Connie got sick and broke down. So naturally we had to reschedule. This falls into the category of "our plans always crash and burn" that I mentioned a few days ago. But fiiinnally she's here! And since I know you allll wanna know....here's the backstory.

Kristin and I met for the first time at Freshman orientation for about 10 minutes. It was biff at first convo and the rest is prettty much history. We're kind of the same person. Both only children with a love of reading, anything with sugar or carbs in it, the ridiculous music we used to listen to in the 90's (old school B-Spears anyone?....no?....ok moving on), working out, and a multitude of other things. Her family has become an extension of my own and I infinitely love them. The adoption papers are still pending so shh don't tell my mom. Hah jk mom juuust kidding. Ok, so looong story short, she's basically the sister I never had. And she's awesome. End of story.

                       Me and Kristin in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend so we can do all the fun activities I have planned for her arrival! Some of my other friends are coming into town too that I am super pumped about. My friends Lisa and Ashley are actually moving here this weekend, so I'll fill you in more about them lataaa. But Rachel is coming to town to visit as well and I haven't seen her in probably two years. Ridiculous I know, but I guess that's what happens when you grow up....boo. Anyway, Rach and I (and Lisa) met when we were chapter Presidents of DZ. Me at USC, her at UGA, and Lisa at Clemson. We instantly bonded during our President's Academy and continued our ridiculous reign at National Convention later that year. I'm excited that the three of us will be reunited again. It's honestly about damn time.

                             Me and Rach out in Athens
                          The three of us at Convention!

Well, it's looking like it's about that time for me to get outta this freezing office building to go pick up baby Holden. He's getting all snazzy for the girl's visit. Gotta look good to love on my friends. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment