Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Getting in the Spirit

So unless you live under a rock (or not in the South) you would have heard that USC lost the ship. And by "lost" I actually mean we brutally got our asses kicked and rubbed into the dome turf by Auburn. I've been a little depressed by it which is why I haven't written all week. Hah you know I'm lying, I've just been lazy per usual. But don't think I haven't noticed I'm not the only one. Most of the blogs I read, which are usually updated once or twice a day, have been a little lax on the posts.  Anyway, don't you worry because I promise I will not slip into oblivion again. Since it's the holidays and I am of course terrible with money broke, I am putting my baking skills to use and creating all kinds of goodies as gifts.

Every year when I was growing up my madre and I would bake our little hearts out and then she would gift them to co-workers, friends, the mail lady, pretty much whoever, considering we ended up baking so many she was practically tossing them at people to get them out of the house. And these days knowing how my curvaceous figure works I would've done the same. Regardless I plan on baking about 6 different types of cookies which I will be posting the recipes, and my great granny Hisle's banana bread, but unfortunately for you guys that one's staying locked up since it's a family secret I enjoy keeping. And allll of that is happening this weekend. I plan on cranking up the Christmas tunes and baking my little heart out. Wish me luck, because I'm def going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment